I am a big fan of the Food Network and certain chefs in particular: Bobby Flay, Aaron McCargo Jr., Pat and Gina Neely, and Alton Brown. This recipe comes from Guy Fieri, host of the shows Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and Guy’s Big Bite. Think of this as macaroni salad, the advanced version. It’s got great color, great flavor and great texture.
So long as you are using a food processor or a mini vegetable chopper, not chopping vegetables by hand, I definitely recommend this pasta salad! This makes a lot so it’s good for pot-lucks, cookouts.
Ingredients ( Edit )
- 16 ounces macaroni pasta, 1/4-inch tube
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup minced red onion
- 3/4 cup minced roasted red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup diced peppadew peppers
- 1/4 cup minced pepperoncini
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
In a medium mixing bowl add mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, and vinegar. Mix to combine and place in refrigerator to keep chilled while pasta cools down.
When pasta is cool, mix in mayonnaise mixture and all vegetables. Mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper. Place into refrigerator and chill for 1 hour for the flavors to combine.
- Go Big or Go Home (carpebootium.com)
- Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry (carpebootium.com)
- Teach Every Child About Food (carpebootium.com)
- Healthy Weight Loss Recipes: Spinach and Shrimp Salad (dominicspoweryoga.com)