One thing you should know about me is that I love comfort foods. Baked macaroni and cheese, chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, chicken-friend anything! One of my all-time favorite comfort foods is meatloaf. While looking throug h Allrecipes.com I came across this bad boy! Oh man was it worth it. The recipe is simple and the results are delicious.
NOTE: I made one change from the original recipe. Instead of using 1.5 pounds of ground beef I used 1 pound of ground beef and 1 pound of ground Italian sausage. It came out so tender!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (or 1 pound beef & 1 pound sausage)
- 1/2 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir the ground beef, crushed crackers, Cheddar cheese, and onion soup mix in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk the eggs, ketchup, and steak sauce in a separate bowl until smooth. Mix the eggs into the meat until evenly combined, if the mixture seems too dry, add a little water. Press into a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) and is no longer pink in the center, 45 to 60 minutes.
Spicy Sausage Skillet (carpebootium.com)
Chicken MarkNuggets (carpebootium.com)
General Tsao (Tso) Chicken (carpebootium.com)
What A Recipe Doesn’t Say! (carpebootium.com)